No Journal entries and but one Diary entry for 1974 have been found, but in her records of other years Norma mentions the following events of 1974:
1. We have seen and heard quite a few of the general authorities at our Stake Conferences. Elder [Leslie O] Stone & Marvin J Ashton in September 1974. He held a youth fireside and greatly impressed Karen. Her testimony was strengthened by her feelings for this great man.
2. Monday 31 December 1973 (in Norma’s Diary for 1974)
- One child per person to get active this coming year. Think about it and give a child’s name to Sister Wild.
- Be in time and encourage teachers to be on time.
- Go to Sister Lily Pritchard for help.
- In-service Leader pushing for lessons for teachers.
- Panto planned for 18 February 1984. Co-op vouchers.
- Ring Brian if Angela can’t be Primary In-service Leader.
- Ask Sylvia Freeke about Leadership and Laundry
- Primary Music Outline – 1973 – 1974.
- Banners x 4
3. Gary was baptized in July 1974. We moved into our new chapel on the 21st of July and Gary was baptized on the 31st.
Brian Knowles baptized and confirmed him. I fasted and prayed all day, and asked the Lord to bless him, and I prayed that he might be special unto the Lord.
When Brian confirmed him, he gave him all the blessings I had asked for and then the Bishop told him in his remarks that he was special unto the Lord. I know prayers are answered.
No further entries for 1974